Ułatwienia dostępu

Skip to main content

Załatw sprawę

© All rights reserved. Designed by ANSiM.

FAQ Studia - często zadawane pytania

FAQ Studia

1. Who can apply for a Erasmus+ mobility?
Any student may apply for Erasmus+ if he/she meets the following conditions:
• He/she has completed the first year of the first-cycle program or from the first semester of the second-cycle studies to study abroad, or Starting from first semester if goung for Practical Training
• He/she knows a foreign language on a communicative level, which will allow him/her to participate in classes at a foreign university or to implement internships- it is usually English, but not necessarily, e.g. if you study in Slovakia within the Erasmus + programme, you can study in Polish-Slovak

2. For how long can I leave?
While going on studies - one or two academic semesters, depending on host institution.
While going on an internship – minimum 2 months

3. What documents do I need to submit?
It depends on what kind of mobility you are going for. The most important are:
Studies - Learning Agreement for Studies + CV Internships - Learning Agreement for Traineeships + CV
Remember than a university/company/organisation you are applying for can ask you for additional documents. You and your coordinator need to be aware of it.
Forms of documents are in Dokumenty do Pobrania section, on website erasmus.wsns.pl , on the host Universities website, or given to you by your Erasmus+ coordinator (write mail to

4. Who is responsible for organizing my programme?
WSNS is responsible for:
• the recruitment process,
• help in preparing documents (Nomination Letter, Learning Agreement for Studies/ Learning

Agreement for Traineeships),
• help in choosing appropriate subjects,
• help in choosing a place for your internship,
• recognition of learning results (Transcript of Records)
• financing your mobility can be financed by the University or Erasmus Consortium

5. What is the “Learning Agreement”?
It sets out the programme of the studies or the traineeship to be followed abroad and must be approved by:
• the student/trainee
• the sending and the receiving institution,
• organization or enterprise before the start of the exchange.
It includes either list of subjects along with ECTS points or duties performed in a place of the traineeship. When it comes to studies- the rule is that the subjects implemented at the host university that you selected to your Learning Agreement should be as close as possible to those carried out in your mother university.

6. What is the "Transcript of Records"?
It is a list of all subjects / activities in which you have participated in a foreign university along with the number of ECTS points obtained and your final grades. If there are no start and finis dates on TR you will need separate document – Confirmation of Stay

7. If I don’t pass all courses abroad do I have to give the money back.
If you don’t pass all courses , but you participated in classes, and gave your best, the Host Univeristy will issue conformation of stay. Your financing depends on Sonformation of Stay, not your Transcript of Records. If you have problem with one or more courses abroad, contact WSNS teachers of original courses as soon as possible. You will still receive 100 percent Erasmus financing, even if you fail to pass, despite your efforts if you attended classes.

8. What will my rights and duties be when I leave?
You will find all the most important rights and obligations in the Erasmus Student Charter. It is a mandatory attachment to the financial agreement between you (student) and your mother university. Current version: https://erasmusplus.org.pl/brepo/panel_repo_files/2021/10/13/6vttfp/erasmus-student-charter-oct21-en.pdf

9. Will the scholarship cover all costs of my stay abroad?
Remember that each student from WSNS receives funds for the travel, accommodation and other expenses related to the stay abroad by getting an Erasmus + scholarship, but it depends on the student/country if it covers everything. You will find detailes in document “ Zasady finansowana studentów” in section: Dokumenty do pobrania. Please find out if you are eligible for additional 250EUR.

10. Do I have to collect tickets, bills and documented expenses?
There is no need to do that. The student receives fixed monthly scholarship depending on host country and duration of stay. The most important is confirmation of duration of stay by host institution.

11. Do I have to repeat the year of my studies after returning from the scholarship?
No, Student continue education on next semester, and the grades are recognized by the Dean based on Learning Agreement.

12. When do I have to get dean's acceptance, do I apply for it personally?
Yes, the Dean's approval for your mobility must be obtained. You need to get it individually. In the case of complications in dealing with the dean's office, please contact the Erasmus + Coordinator at WSNS () or call +48606388854

13. During my scholarship stay, do I study the entire semester with local students?
It depends on a university. You can have lessons with students from different years of one major, in seperate groups consisted only of Erasmus + students, etc. You can either have lessons with local students, foreign students or in mixed groups. Remember to choose courses in winter – winter semester and in summer – summer semester(this restriction does not apply to time-travelers)

14. When will I know which courses in the curriculum of my mother university I will have to pass after my coming back from my Erasmus+ mobility?
Sometimes you will not have to pass anything if the host university offers the same courses that you are supposed to have at your mother university. However, it is not always possible. Any courses that you will have to pass in WSNS while abroad, ill be known before your departure (although this may change, if on arrival it turned out that changes in the "Learning Agreement" will be necessary). The ideal solution is to pass those courses while you are away, from the beginning staying in touch with the lecturer by e-mail.

15. Can I leave while writing my diploma thesis?
You need to consult it with your Erasmus+ coordinator and your supervisor. It depends on them.

16. What else do I have to do after my coming back from Erasmus+ experience?
You must pass all the courses mandatory on semester, usualy total of 30 ECTS points, some gained locally, some passed abroad. This will guarantee that you continue on to next semester. The Confirmation of Stay will validate your financing. Complete the beneficiary's online survey and (if required) take the language test online as well. Make sure that Erasmus+ mobility documents are delivered to both Erasmus+ office and Deans office (to add it to the system, and later print in Diploma Supplement)

17. Do I pay tuition fees at my mother university when I travel on a scholarship?
Yes, a scholarship stay does not relieve you from the obligation to pay tuition fees at your mother university if it is required to be student.

19. Can I work during my Erasmus+ mobility?
It depends on the legal system of the country. Part-time work is often legal. It is necessary to find out at consulates, foreign cooperation offices of a given university etc.

20. What is ECTS?
ECTS (European Credit Transfer System), or European Credit Transfer System, is a system facilitating the recognition by the home university of a period of study abroad. Its task is to translate the workload, which each student must put in a given subject, on a point scale. For one academic semester of study, 30 credit points are usually awarded.

21. How well do I have to know the language of the country to which I want to leave? Is it possible to participate in preparatory courses?
The most important language to know during your Erasmus+ experience is the language of the courses you are going to take at the university. It is usually English. Of course, you can also learn a language used in the country you are going to study in (e.g. Belgium, Hungarian, etc.) It depends on a university if preparatory courses are available, but usually you can learn some of the language by simply going out, meeting new people, etc.

22. Where can I find information on the possibility of cheap accommodation during my Erasmus+ experience?
If you want to apply for a dorm room, contact the Erasmus+ office of the university you want to go to. There you should also get information about other types of accommodation (renting rooms, apartments). You can also search by yourself, especially on Facebook by looking for groups such as Flats for Erasmus students in…., Shared rooms for students in…., etc.

23. Where can I go?
The list of partner universities is constantly updates. Its not a closed list, you can initiate cooperation with other Universities as well .. just write us where would you like to go :

24. In what form will I receive confirmation of studying abroad?
The student receives Trancript of Records issued by the host university. Please remember to ask for 2 copies. You can ask a partner university to print on thicker stiff paper. It can be also called LA after mobility, or Confirmation of stay. In addition, the relevant entries will be included in the Diploma Supplement.

25. If I go to Portugal for example, do I have to pass the Portuguese or English test? When and where should I do this test? Does it cost?
Most importantly do not worry, this tests and courses are there to help you, NOT to stop you from going. We believe that as long as you can communicate, you should go BECAUSE your language skills need improvement and it’s not perfect.
It's for free. You have to go through an interview with the Erasmus +Coordinator to prove that you know the language at a communicative level. Knowledge of the language in which the classes will be carried out should be demonstrated. Usually it is English but it happens that a foreign university offers classes only in the local language.
We kindly remind you that the obligation to undergo two language tests applies to all students for whom the language of instruction (study) / working (internship) is: English, Czech, Danish, French, Greek, Spanish, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Swedish or Italian. Language tests are also available in Polish - they concern students from foreign universities coming to Poland. When it comes to language courses, they are intended for those students who want to take the course. Automatically awarded to a student who obtained a B1 or lower result from the first language test.
On the Erasmus + website, there are "Guidelines for students" (Download) and "Tips for universities" (Download).

Logo Erasmus

Erasmus finansowanie